We wrote our policies to be clear and easy to read — simple English describing what each policy is design to achieve. Open and review all of our policies. Read carefully and make sure to use our site and services in compliance with all of our policies. If you have any questions, go to the Contact Us page and send a message.
CANCELATION & REFUND POLICY
Posted: June 1, 2021; Effective: June 1, 2021
Job Seeker Membership: You will be automatically charged the annual fee until you cancel your subscription — you may cancel at any time on your profile dashboard. Renewals will take place on the annual anniversary on your initial payment and at the same level of subscription. Previous charges will not be refunded when you cancel. Your payment data is encrypted and secure. All amounts shown are in USD.
Single Job Posting (Bronze Level): You will be charged once for the cost of a single Job Posting. Charges will not be refunded if you cancel. Your payment data is encrypted and secure. All amounts shown are in USD.
Employer Packages (Silver Level and above): You will be charged the annual fee until you cancel your subscription — you may cancel at any time on your profile dashboard. Renewals will take place on the annual anniversary on your initial payment and at the same level of subscription. Previous charges will not be refunded when you cancel. Your payment data is encrypted and secure. All amounts shown are in USD.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Posted: June 1, 2021, Effective: June 1, 2021
Your Stuff & Your Permissions
When you use our Services, you provide us with things like your files, content, messages, contacts, and so on (“Your Stuff”). Your Stuff is yours. These Terms don’t give us any rights to Your Stuff except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services.
We need your permission to do things like hosting Your Stuff, backing it up, and sharing it when you ask us to. Our Services also provide you with features like commenting, sharing, searching, image thumbnails, document previews, optical character recognition (OCR), easy sorting and organization, and personalization to help reduce busywork. To provide these and other features, Twin Cairns accesses, stores, and scans Your Stuff. You give us permission to do those things, and this permission extends to our affiliates and trusted third parties we work with.
Your use of our Services must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. Content in the Services may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download, or share content unless you have the right to do so.
Twin Cairns may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms and our Acceptable Use Policy. We aren’t responsible for the content people post and share via the Services.
Help us keep Your Stuff protected. Safeguard your password to the Services, and keep your account information current. Don’t share your account credentials or give others access to your account.
You may use our Services only as permitted by applicable law, including export control laws and regulations. Finally, to use our Services, you must be at least 18 (or older, depending on where you live).
Some of our Services allow you to download client software (“Software”) which may update automatically. So long as you comply with these Terms, we give you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use the Software, solely to access the Services. To the extent any component of the Software may be offered under an open source license, we’ll make that license available to you and the provisions of that license may expressly override some of these Terms. Unless the following restrictions are prohibited by law, you agree not to reverse engineer or decompile the Services, attempt to do so, or assist anyone in doing so.
We sometimes release products and features that we’re still testing and evaluating (“Beta Services”). Beta Services are labeled “alpha,” “beta,” “preview,” “early access,” or “evaluation” (or with words or phrases with similar meanings) and may not be as reliable as Twin Cairns’s other services. Beta Services are made available so that we can collect user feedback, and by using our Beta Services, you agree that we may contact you to collect such feedback.
Beta Services are confidential until official launch. If you use any Beta Services, you agree not to disclose any information about those Services to anyone else without our permission.
The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other US and foreign laws. These Terms don’t grant you any right, title, or interest in the Services, others’ content in the Services, Twin Cairns trademarks, logos and other brand features. We welcome feedback, but note that we may use comments or suggestions without any obligation to you.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law, and such notices should be reported using our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and terminate accounts of repeat infringers. Our designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement on the Services is:
Twin Cairns LLC
11209 National Blvd STE 137
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Billing. You can increase the number of your Jon Posting and add paid features to your account (turning your account into a “Member Account” in case of Job Seekers). We’ll automatically bill you from the date you convert to a Paid or Updated Account and on each periodic renewal until cancellation. If you’re on an annual plan, your plan will automatically be renewed on its anniversary date. You’re responsible for all applicable taxes, and we’ll charge tax when required to do so. Some countries have mandatory local laws regarding your cancellation rights, and this paragraph doesn’t override these laws.
No Refunds. You may cancel your Twin Cairns Paid Account at any time. Refunds are only issued if required by law.
Downgrades. Your Paid Account will remain in effect until it’s cancelled or terminated under these Terms. If you don’t pay for your Paid Account on time, we reserve the right to suspend it or remove Paid Account features.
Changes. We may change the fees in effect but will give you advance notice of these changes via a message to the email address associated with your account.
Twin Cairns Business to Business Policy
Email address. If you sign up for a Twin Cairns account with an email address provisioned by your organization, your organization may be able to block your use of Twin Cairns.
Using Twin Cairns for Business. If you join Twin Cairns as an employer, you must use it in compliance with your organization’s terms and policies. Please note that Twin Cairns Business accounts are subject to your organization’s control. Your administrators may be able to access, disclose, restrict, or remove information in or from your Twin Cairns account. They may also be able to restrict or terminate your access to the account. If you convert an existing Employer account into part of a new Twin Cairns Business account, your administrators may prevent you from later disassociating your account from your current Twin Cairns account.
You’re free to stop using our Services at any time. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services with notice to you if:
(a) you’re in breach of these Terms,
(b) your use of the Services would cause a real risk of harm or loss to us or other users, or
(c) you don’t have a Paid Account and haven’t accessed our Services for 12 consecutive months.
We’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice via the email address associated with your account to remedy the activity that prompted us to contact you. If after such notice you fail to take the steps we ask of you, we’ll terminate or suspend your access to the Services.
We won’t provide notice before termination where:
(a) you’re in material breach of these Terms,
(b) doing so would cause us legal liability or compromise our ability to provide the Services to our other users.
Discontinuation of Services
We may decide to discontinue the Services in response to unforeseen circumstances beyond Twin Cairns control or to comply with a legal requirement. If we do so, we’ll give you reasonable prior notice. If we discontinue the Services in this way before the end of any fixed or minimum term you have paid us for, we’ll refund the portion of the fees you have pre-paid but haven’t received Services for.
Services “AS IS”
We strive to provide great Services, but there are certain things that we can’t guarantee. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TWIN CAIRNS AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some places don’t allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
WE DON’T EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WHERE IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL TO DO SO—THIS INCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR TWIN CAIRNS OR ITS AFFILIATES’ FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION IN PROVIDING THE SERVICES. IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF EXCLUSIONS AREN’T ALLOWED, WE’RE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU ONLY FOR LOSSES AND DAMAGES THAT ARE A REASONABLY FORESEEABLE RESULT OF OUR FAILURE TO USE REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL OR OUR BREACH OF OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH DOESN’T AFFECT CONSUMER RIGHTS THAT CAN’T BE WAIVED OR LIMITED BY ANY CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
IN COUNTRIES WHERE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE ALLOWED, TWIN CAIRNS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS WON’T BE LIABLE FOR:
- ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR
- ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY.
THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT TWIN CAIRNS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IF YOU USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS, OR RE-SALE PURPOSE, TWIN CAIRNS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY. TWIN CAIRNS AND ITS AFFILIATES AREN’T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICES.
OTHER THAN FOR THE TYPES OF LIABILITY WE CANNOT LIMIT BY LAW (AS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION), WE LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE GREATER OF $20 USD OR 100% OF ANY AMOUNT YOU’VE PAID UNDER YOUR CURRENT SERVICE PLAN WITH TWIN CAIRNS.
Let’s Try to Sort Things Out First. We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against Twin Cairns, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting [email protected]. We’ll try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting you via email. If a dispute is not resolved within 15 days of submission, you or Twin Cairns may bring a formal proceeding.
Judicial Forum for Disputes. You and Twin Cairns agree that any judicial proceeding to resolve claims relating to these Terms or the Services will be brought in the federal or state courts of Los Angeles County, California, subject to the mandatory arbitration provisions below. Both you and Twin Cairns consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in such courts.
IF YOU’RE A U.S. RESIDENT, YOU ALSO AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISIONS:
We Both Agree to Arbitrate. You and Twin Cairns agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms or the Services through final and binding arbitration by a single arbitrator, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below. This includes disputes arising out of or relating to interpretation or application of this “Mandatory Arbitration Provisions” section, including its enforceability, revocability, or validity.
Arbitration Procedures. The arbitration will be held in the United States, State of California, Los Angeles county.
Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you or Twin Cairns may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in Los Angeles County, California. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Services, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above. If the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you or your claim, you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California to resolve your claim.
NO CLASS ACTIONS. You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Mandatory Arbitration Provisions” section will be deemed void.
These Terms will be governed by California law except for its conflicts of laws principles.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Twin Cairns with respect to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
Waiver, Severability & Assignment
Twin Cairns failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. Twin Cairns may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
We may revise these Terms from time to time to better reflect:
(a) changes to the law,
(b) new regulatory requirements, or
(c) improvements or enhancements made to our Services.
If an update affects your use of the Services or your legal rights as a user of our Services, we’ll notify you prior to the update’s effective date by sending an email to the email address associated with your account or via an in-product notification. These updated terms will be effective no less than 30 days from when we notify you.
If you don’t agree to the updates we make, please cancel your account before they become effective. Where applicable, we’ll offer you a prorated refund based on the amounts you have prepaid for Services and your account cancellation date. By continuing to use or access the Services after the updates come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
Posted: June 1, 2021; Effective: June 1, 2021
Twin Cairns’ core mission is to help people get jobs and help Employers find great candidates.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION?
The Twin Cairns’ entity responsible for your information will depend on your location. Please check the table below to determine the entity responsible.
|Location of User||Data Controller|
|United States||Twin Cairns LLC|
|Outside of the United States||Twin Cairns LLC|
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Across the Sites we collect information:
- you choose to provide to us through our Sites e.g. contact details, resume details, location data;
- through your activity on our Sites e.g. information from your device and actions taken on the Sites, searches you run or jobs you click on;
- when you apply to jobs, use screener or assessment questions or automated phone screening, or log in from third party sites; and
- where you use chargeable services or are an Employer providing necessary Employer information, e.g., for verification purposes.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We collect and use your information in order to help Job Seekers find jobs, to help Employers find candidates, and to provide and improve our services to you. To summarize, we use your Personal Data, where applicable, to:
- create your account and send you job alerts or other promotional materials;
- give you relevant search results and job recommendations;
- facilitate communication as part of the job search, application and interview process;
- make your resume available to third-parties, depending on your privacy settings (e.g. private or public resume);
- match Job Seekers with Employer Job Listings;
- prevent fraud, spam and other potentially fraudulent or illegal activities;
- facilitate payment, in connection with chargeable services;
- carry out automated processing in order to provide many of our services;
- enhance and optimize our services and security for Job Seekers and Employers by data sharing with our affiliates;
- improve our services, maintain product quality and protect users; and
- aggregate and share with third parties content posted on Indeed intended to be publicly available.
5. WHO IS THIS INFORMATION SHARED WITH?
Your information is shared with:
- Twin Cairns’ affiliates;
- Employers and Job Seekers (e.g., if a Job Seeker decide to apply for a job);
- third-party service providers who help us with our operations, e.g. for data storage or fraud detection.
6. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
Twin Cairns stores your Personal Data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until you ask us to delete your Personal Data. We may also be required to retain certain information in order to comply with local laws. If you wish to delete your Personal Data, you should submit a delete request.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Twin Cairns takes your privacy very seriously. We provide GDPR-type rights to all our users globally. This includes the rights to access your Personal Data; delete your Personal Data; get your Personal Data in a portable format; and the rights to restrict or object to certain processing of your Personal Data. Where our use of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw that consent.
8. CONTACTING US
You may contact us at:
Twin Cairns LLC
11209 National Blvd, STE 137
Los Angeles, CA, 90064
To contact our Data Protection Officer please email [email protected] or create a support ticket.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Posted: June 1, 2021; Effective: June 1, 2021
Twin Cairns LLC is used by Job Seekers and Employers in the Resource Management (both cultural & natural) and Environmental Consulting Sector. We are proud of the trust member of this sector placed in us. In exchange, we trust you to use our services responsibly.
You agree not to misuse the Twin Cairns services (“Services“) or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not even try to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven’t been invited to;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more job posting and/or data access than deserved or to sell job posting and/or data access received from referrals or promotions;
- circumvent job postings and/or data access limits;
- sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
- publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence or terrorist activity, including terror propaganda;
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or impairment;
- harass or abuse Twin Cairns personnel or representatives or agents performing services on behalf of Twin Cairns;
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that’s fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading; or
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others.
Posted: June 1, 2021; Effective: June 1, 2021
Twin Cairns LLC (“Twin Cairns”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website Twin Cairns will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Twin Cairns website and/or Twin Cairns services (the “Site”) if such claims are reported to Twin Cairns Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Twin Cairns Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, Twin Cairns will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
|DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
3. Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
a. “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
b. “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Provide your full legal name and your physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Twin Cairns Designated Copyright Agent:
Twin Cairns LLC
11209 National Blvd STE 137
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Or email the notice to us at: [email protected]
SICK DAYS PAYMENT POLICY
After twelve months of membership, and for each twelve months of membership, job seeker members are eligible to receive a specified number of paid sick days. Verification requirements and ultimate payment decisions are at the discretion of Twin Cairns.
To request payment, job seeker members must send an email to Twin Cairns and include the following documents:
- A pay stub from the time period you were sick (so we know how much to pay you).
- Verification from your employer that you were out sick on the day you are claiming.
The following rules apply to this benefit:
- This benefit is restricted to job seeker members only. Employers MAY NOT use this benefit and it is NOT INCLUDED in employer packages with Twin Cairns.
- To be entitled for the benefit, the job seeker must have a paid membership with Twin Cairns for twelve (12) consecutive months.
- The maximum gross payment per sick day is $300.
- The job seeker is responsible for payment of any and all applicable taxes.
- This benefit is nontransferable.
- Payments will be made in U.S. dollars.
- All payments will be paid by check and mailed in a regular USPS mail.
- Checks must be cashed within 90 days of issuance. The funds will become unavailable and will not accrue if the check had not been cashed within the 90 days of the payment window.
- Twin Cairns has the ultimate discretion to make payments under this benefit and determine if the terms have been met by the job seeker member.